This Eclipse Information has been assembled with the objective of providing the information necessary for primary and secondary school teachers to gain an understanding of eclipses generally and to use the eclipse of 14 November 2012 to present lessons and activities on related areas of Mathematics and Science.
The Eclipse information is in the same sections as in the Teacher Information Booklet and includes the following topics:
- What are Eclipses?
- What Happens During a Solar Eclipse?
- The Eclipse on 14 November 2012
- How to observe the Sun safely
- The Sun
- The Moon
- Eclipses in History
- The scientific Aspect of eclipses
- Annular Solar Eclipse – 10 May 2013